Hills Weight Reduction r/d Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food
Veterinary Authorization Required
Just like the human obesity epidemic, over 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can impact the pet's quality of life and relationship with family because that extra weight can reduce play time, impact mobility and affect the lifelong general health of your dog.
Hill's nutritionists & veterinarians developed Prescription Diet r/d clinical nutrition specially formulated to support dogs' weight loss. In fact, r/d is clinically proven nutrition for healthy weight loss in just 8 weeks. This dry food has an irresistible chicken flavor that dogs love.
How it helps:
- Helps metabolize fat and maintain lean muscle
- Helps your dog feel full & satisfied
- Supports a healthy immune system
How it works:
- Therapeutic L-carnitine levels
- Optimal blend of soluble & insoluble fiber
- Clinically proven antioxidants
- High levels of lysine and carnitine to maintain lean muscle mass during weight loss.
- Provides an optimal blend of soluble and insoluble fiber to trigger satiety and to fill the upper GI tract to give dogs a feeling of fullness.
- Suggested feeding amounts may sometimes need to be decreased to produce optimum weight loss. Note: Encourage increased water intake. Veterinary supervised exercise may be beneficial in combination with weight loss.
- For optimum results, full client cooperation must be obtained, and all food intake must be strictly controlled. After reaching the target body weight, a dog should be fed Prescription Diet Metabolic Canine, Prescription Diet w/d Canine or Science Diet Perfect Weight Canine, Science Diet Adult Light Canine to maintain optimum body weight, and avoid weight gain.
- Realistic weight loss is approximately 1% of body weight per week.
Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal, Powdered Cellulose, Soybean Meal, Soybean Mill Run, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Pork Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Lactic Acid, Caramel color, Flaxseed, Chicken Fat, L-Lysine, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Iodized Salt, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), DL-Methionine, minerals (Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene.