Hills Kidney Care k/d Chicken Canned Dog Food
Veterinary Authorization Required
When dogs have damage to kidney tissues, the kidneys cannot perform as well as before, like filtering and reabsorbing nutrients. The condition is not reversible, but progression may be slowed. Therapeutic foods for kidney conditions are designed to help reduce workload on the kidneys, enabling them to function more effectively. Dogs with decreased kidney function may experience loss of appetite and their food intake might decline.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill's Prescription Diet k/d clinical nutrition to help protect your dog's vital kidney function and is available in multiple wet forms & flavors to entice even the pickiest of eaters.
This canned food is made with chicken and has a ground texture with an irresistible taste that your dog will love. In fact, the nutrition of Prescription Diet k/d is clinically proven nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How it helps:
- Helps protect vital kidney function
- Available in multiple wet forms & flavors
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build and maintain lean muscle daily
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
How it works:
- Reduced phosphorus & sodium, enriched with omega-3 fatty acids
- Texture and flavor variety to entice even the pickiest of eaters
- High levels of essential amino acids and L-carnitine
- Clinically proven antioxidants
Prescription Diet k/d has increased dietary buffering capacity. This helps counteract the tendency for metabolic acidosis, a common complication as kidney disease progresses.
Ideal for long-term feeding of dogs with kidney disease.
Dry and canned formulas can be mixed or fed concurrently.
Water, Corn Starch, Pork Liver, Chicken, Chicken Fat, Dextrose, Flaxseed, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Liver Flavor, Fish Oil, Egg Whites, Powdered Cellulose, Calcium Carbonate, L-Lysine, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Iodized Salt, Magnesium Oxide, L-Threonine, Taurine, L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, Beta-Carotene.