Optixcare Eye Health Ophthalmic Gel for Pets
20 gram tube
Optixcare Eye Health offers antioxidant support to reduce oxidative stress that may otherwise damage the eyes. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity may help delay the onset and progression of ocular degenerative diseases associated with oxidative stress. 20 gm.
- Contains 4 key antioxidants
- Reduces oxidative damage to the surface and interiors of the eye
- Can be used as a preventative or in conjunction with other eye treatment
- For dogs, cats and horses
Optixcare Eye Health is also used in pets that may be vulnerable to debilitating effects of oxidative stress.
- Senior pets with age-related degenerative eye diseases
- Brachycephalic breeds (Pugs, Boston Terrior, Boxer, Bulldog, Lhasa Apso, Chow Chow, Pekingese, Shih Tzu, Chihuahua, English Toy Spaniels, Bull Mastiffs) that are predisposed to various eye diseases.
- Diabetic pets that are more suseptible to eye related complications due to systemic diseases.
Instructions: Instill 1 to 2 drops onto the corneal surface or conjunctival sac of both eyes 1 to 2 times a day or as recommended by your veterinarian.
WARNINGS: For animal use only. If animal experiences discomfort, or irritation of the eye, discontinue use and consult your veterinarian. Contents sterile until cap removed. To avoid contamination of the tube and contents avoid touching the eye or any other surface with the tip. Recap after use.
Ingredients: Sterile water, sorbitol, carbomer, resveratrol, astaxanthin, ethyl pyruvate, EGCG.† Preserved with disodium EDTA and cetrimide.
†Resveratrol is a beneficial antioxidant, found in red grape skins and wine, that has been reported to alleviate oxidative stress and inflammation associated with aging. Astaxanthin is a beneficial antioxidant found in microalgae, salmon and shrimp that is called “super vitamin E” because it has 100-fold higher antioxidant activity than vitamin E. Pyruvate is an endogenous antioxidant that plays an important role in metabolism and the energy-production process and has been shown to be beneficial in reducing oxidative stress and inflammation. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is found in green tea and not only has 10-fold greater antioxidant activity than vitamin E but also beneficially chelates excess iron to reduce the generation of free radicals.