Hills Urinary Care u/d Dry Dog Food
Veterinary Authorization Required
Dogs need the right balance of minerals to maintain good bladder health. Excess minerals can encourage the formation of crystals in the urine, which can lead to the creation of bladder stones. Please consult with your veterinarian if your dog is showing urinary signs such as frequent urination, blood in the urine, or others.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians have developed Prescription Diet u/d clinical nutrition to be specially formulated to help support your dog's bladder health. Hill's Prescription Diet u/d is complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs.
How it helps:
- Helps dissolve urate and cystine stones
- Decreases risk for urate & cystine stone recurrence
- Supports a healthy immune system
How it works:
- Controlled levels of high quality, highly digestible protein
- Low in sodium
- Promotes desirable urine pH
- Contains antioxidants including Vitamin E
- Decreases purine intake and uric acid excretion, which lowers risk of forming urate crystals and uroliths.
- Protein level are sufficient for the maintenance of adult dogs, yet low enough to dilute urine by decreasing urea production.
- Urine pH of individual dogs may vary due to complicating factors such as time of feeding before urine collection, type of urine collection, individual animal variation, or test methodology. Note: Dogs on low protein foods such as Prescription Diet u/d Dry Dog Food commonly exhibit unusual laboratory values. Specifically urine specific gravity (USG) is usually less than 1.020 and blood (serum) urea nitrogen (BUN) is less than (10 mg/dl). Monitoring USG, urinary pH and BUN are methods to monitor the food’s effectiveness and owner compliance.
- Long-term use: Dogs fed Prescription Diet u/d Canine long term should be monitored for the development of protein depletion. Because dogs with urate or cystine urolithiasis may have underlying metabolic abnormalities, we recommend performing a fasting serum chemistry profile and echocardiogram every 6 months in these patients.
Brewers Rice, Corn Starch, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Fat, Egg Product, Flaxseed, Potato Protein, Chicken Liver Flavor, Lactic Acid, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Citrate, Dicalcium Phosphate, L-Lysine, Iodized Salt, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Magnesium Oxide, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.