Hills Kidney Care k/d with Chicken Wet Cat Food
*Veterinary Authorization Required*
When cats have damage to kidney tissues, the kidneys cannot perform as well as before, like filtering and reabsorbing nutrients. The condition is not reversible, but progression may be slowed. Therapeutic foods for kidney conditions are designed to help reduce workload on the kidneys, enabling them to function more effectively. Cats with decreased kidney function may experience loss of appetite and their food intake might decline.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill's Prescription Diet k/d clinical nutrition to help protect your cat's vital kidney function and is available in multiple wet forms & flavors to entice even the pickiest of eaters.
This canned food is made with chicken and has a smooth texture with an irresistible taste that your cat will love. In fact, Prescription Diet k/d has clinically proven nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How it helps:
- Helps protect vital kidney function
- Available in multiple wet forms & flavors
- Supports the cat's natural ability to build and maintain muscle mass daily
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
How it works:
- Reduced phosphorus & sodium, enriched with omega-3 fatty acids
- Texture and flavor variety to entice even the pickiest of eaters
- High levels of essential amino acids and L-carnitine
- Clinically proven antioxidants
Prescription Diet k/d has increased dietary buffering capacity. This helps counteract the tendency for metabolic acidosis, a common complication as kidney disease progresses.
Ideal for long-term feeding of cats with kidney disease.
Dry and canned formulas can be mixed or fed concurrently.
Water, Pork Liver, Chicken, Egg Product, Brewers Rice, Sugar, Chicken Fat, Modified Rice Starch, Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Fish Oil, Calcium Sulfate, Potassium Citrate, Guar Gum, Soybean Oil, Natural Flavor, Caramel color, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, L-Arginine, L-Carnitine, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), Choline Chloride, Beta-Carotene.