Provecta Topical for Cats
Provecta for Cats is a once-a-month topical flea prevention and treatment. It kills both flea eggs and adult fleas within 12 hours and for up to one month. 4 dose pack.
- KIlls fleas and flea eggs
- Prevents reinfestation
- Fragrance free
Do not apply to cats or kittens under 8 weeks of age or weighing less than 5 lbs. Do not use on other animals. Do not exceed labeled dosage amounts for cats. Do not apply more than one (1) tube per treatment on any cat. Do not have contact or allow children to have contact with treated area until completely dry.
Read entire label before each use.
How to Apply:
- Remove one applicator from the package
- Hold applicator tube in an upright position facing away from you and your pet’s face and eyes. Pull cap off tube.
- Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
- Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
- Part the hair on the neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube t expel the entire contents directly on the skin. Do not get this product in your pet’s eyes or allow your pet to ingest this product. The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occur for a short time if the pet licks the product immediately after treatment. Treatment at the base of the skull will minimize the opportunity for the cat to lick the product. Do not allow the product to run off.
- Discard empty tube as described in the Storage and Disposal section (see package label).
- Under normal conditions this product is effective for a month. However, in case of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four (4) weeks. On cats, do not retreat more often than once every seven (7) days. After flea control is attained, return to monthly treatment schedule.
Hazards to Humans
Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water after handling. Keep out of reach of children. Do not contaminate feed or food.
Hazards to Domestic Animals
For external use only. Do not apply to cats or kittens under 8 weeks of age or weighing less than 5 lbs. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing cats. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using any pesticide product for cats. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your cat is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner consistent with its labeling. Do not allow children to apply product.
Imidacloprid 9.10% and Pyriproxyfen 0.46%.